You can pick and choose which maps to complete on the atlas to manipulate which maps will drops poe currrency for you. There are several guides out there for this already, and multiple variations so you won't go into too much detail on this part.
Which maps you decide to shape is ultimately up to you. In this atlas you can chosen Mesa, Strand, Mud Geyser and Atoll.You can make a lot of poe currency by selling all Tier 14, 15 and 16 maps you get. Try to sell them in bulk for maximum efficiency.Find a method that works for you. As long as you are able to speedrun maps in 3 minutes or less, and sustain your desired map pool while still earning lots of currency, you're probably not doing it wrong.
The method you've tried and enjoyed is simply:
1. DO NOT complete any T10-T13 maps unless you need them for a Shaper's Orb. If you've killed the boss in a map, that map can drop in the appropriate level range, even if you didn't complete the atlas bonus, so you really don't want to run them at all.
2. Complete the bonus for all T16(guardian) maps and Shaper. (You can buy completions for these if your character is unable to solo them. Just go to /trade 820 and keep an eye out for completion sellers)
3. You'll have to use Cartographer's Seals on your Colonnade, Excavation, Estuary and High Gardens maps after getting their respective shaper's orbs, since you don't want these to drop instead of your shaped maps of choice.
4. Rather than trying to progress naturally through the atlas, you can start buying the specific maps you need to complete once the market has been established a bit. Until that time, you can just run low tier maps or Merciless Dried lake.
5. You can complete all T14 and T15 maps for more atlas bonus, OR you can leave those uncompleted and shape a T9 and a T10 into T14 and T15 so that only the shaped variants of those tiers can drop. There are also other variations you can do, but I've already gone into more detail than I wanted to in this section.
6. Complete the bonus for all T1-T9 maps.
7. Get at least 1 Shaper's Orb to shape the tiers 5, 6, 7 and 8, making these maps your ONLY tier 10, 11, 12 and 13 maps.
8. Complete all Unique maps
Here is an image of what my atlas looked like at the end of Legacy League. you'm missing Vaal Temple and Perandus Manor in this, and it certainly wouldn't hurt to do those, but you'll generally be able to sustain your shaped map pool just fine with about 80 or more atlas bonus.
That's all in this guide. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comment section. And if you want to enhance your Path of Exile experience - You can come to the Best Gaming Store https://www.igvault.com/POE-Currency to Buy Poe Currency to enjoy the game